Self-isolation is very nearly the definition of individual retreat. Here are some suggestions for activities you can practice, material you can study, and inspirational offerings to help you get the most our of this enforced retreat time. We will update this page from time to time, so check back and see what’s new. If you think of anything that you would like to share with the rest of us, please drop us a line, and Thank You to all who have already done so!
Online Interactive Sessions
… from MBMC:
We hope some of you can join us for one of our Zoom sessions. Invitations will be emailed to everyone on our mailing list.
Starting in April we will be offering Zoom sessions as follows:
- Wednesday 7-7:30pm half hour sitting meditation followed by whatever.
- Sunday 9-noon: 3 hour sitting an walking meditation. Join anytime, leave anytime.
- Tuesday 10:30-11am half hour Simple Sit followed by virtual teatime.
- Friday 4-5:30pm: social TGIF happy hour and a half (monthly after May; stay tuned)
Those of you who wish to join in the Sunday morning 9am chants, here is the text so you can read along.
… from Elsewhere:
- Atlantic Contemplative Centre – support local contemplation 🙂
- Online dharma talks etc. from Insight Meditation Centre
- Zen Nova Scotia – practice sessions
- OMG Chester – contact Julia Creighton directly
A Virtual Salonfor This Time of Radical Uncertainty:Conscious Living, Dying, andthe Deathless—Together& Alone:Profoundly Practical Guidance & Insightfrom Buddhism, Science, & Other Wisdom TraditionsSaturday May 30th ~ 10:00 am – 12:30pm PDT / 2:00 pm ADT& Sunday May 31st ~ 11:30 am – 1:00pm PDT / 3:30 ADTdana: offering on a sliding scale : $42-216 US$via your PayPal or use this link:WisdomAtWork paypal.me/Leveys
- Zen Nova Scotia talks
- Audio dharma talks and some videos from Insight Meditation Centre
- Buddhism Without Boundaries discussion forum
- Study Buddhism website
- Raptitude – Getting Better at Being Human
- The Consciousness Explorers Club – reinventing the community meditation experience
- The International Opera Choir sings Verdi
- CBC – Alberta musicians perform Elgar
- CBC – Meals on Wheels needs more wheels
- Mingur Rinpoche on working with Covid-19 fear & anxiety
- The Guardian – How to Meditate when it feels like everything is out of control
- A recent message to the world by HH the Dalai Lama read by Desmond Tutu
- The Culturium – A compendium of all things timeless, wise, and beautiful
- The Case Against Reality: a 40 minute video on “what you see is not what you get”